Friday, August 8, 2014

tCDS Robotic Program - Final Report

 I have now completed my 12 week my therapy program at the Burke Rehab Hospital in White Plains, NY. I was very happy with the Program and wish I could continue. Or even better, I wish there was a Robotic Rehab Program available in my area. 

All in all, while my progress was not as great as I was hoping for, I still made measurable improvement in all areas. The quality of movement and strength of my shoulder/elbow showed an improvement of 40 to 50% according to their  final assessment. Unfortunately my wrist hand improvement was much more modest. I still can't open my hand or close it around an object to pick it up.  I also have trouble moving my wrist to the right. Darn! On the plus side, brain scans confirm that I am getting measurable activity down to my fingers, and am told the the recovery starts at the shoulder and progressively flows down the arm to the fingers. So I remain hopeful that this will continue to improve as I continue to work on the problem and regain more strength.

Here is the video made at the end of my Burke Rehab Hospital Program:


(If you have trouble playing the video on your iPhone/iPod/iPad, it can be played on your computer at  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnD9p3OCbck&list=UUSWNkkVfgPGtMDX-xqr0tYQ ).





No comments:

Post a Comment