Saturday, May 5, 2012

Acupunture


Together, Acupuncture and exercise help me to feel better.  I have gone to three Acupuncturists since my stroke.  I did not see improvement from the first two but Dr. Chi has made a difference in the way I feel.  She combines exercise and acupuncture so that I have seen increased movement in my arm.  I can't be positive but since starting to see Dr. Chi I, and my family and friends have also seen a real improvement in my speech.   Dr. Chi has treated many stroke patients and  she consistently shows her compassion for her patients. Here is a link to the website for Dr. Ching Ching Chi: here.


I always get my doctors' approval before signing up for therapies or classes.  It's important that they know and approve of what I'm doing to improve my condition.  I also think that it's in my best interest to bring up new ideas rather than waiting for my doctors' recommendation.  

Going to two different acupuncturists and not getting any results taught me a lesson about asking for references.  Ask for references from your doctors and physical therapists.  They can help you to find trustworthy effective treatments.  Also ask your fellow patients.  Dr. Chi, my acupuncturist, was referred to me by a member of the stroke survivor group that I attend.  

To start your search in finding an acupuncturist in your area, try "googling" the following:  Traditional Chinese Medicine stroke   "your city and state"

Below is a link to a portion of one of my recent acupuncture sessions with Dr. Chi:




Also below is a link to a trailer of an inspiring short film on various methods in stroke recovery for one man and his family, "9000 Needles".  





No comments:

Post a Comment